Beginning from 11 to 17 years, child endures complicated physical and psychological changes:
- hormonal background is changing, making teenager emotionally vulnerable
- body changes may be traumatic
- parting from parents and underrating them
- efforts to define proper place among other people
- fear of approaching responsibility
It all happens at the same time and not every teenager can have a resource to cope with it painlessly. That’s why, nervous breakdowns do happen.
It’s necessary to consult therapist, when:
- Teenagers asks for help himself. The thing is, today’s generation is fully aware, owing to technological progress, they can analyze their own behaviour.
- When an adult sees, that something unconventional is going on: everlasting depression, often emotional breakdowns, distracted attention, suicide attempt, runaways, obsession with diets, bulimia, anorexia, copiing of someone else, obsession with computer games, aggressive behaviours.
Punctually organized support will relief the stress and increase trust between child and his parents.