Psychoanalytical art therapy – direction in psychotherapy, based on theoretic base of psychoanalysis with the help of art.
The main goal of psychoanalytic art therapy includes harmonization of psychological state while developing self-expressive and self-comprehending skills. The value of art in psychotherapy is that you can use symbols to express and discover different emotions and feelings: love, hate, anger, happiness, etc. Art therapy methods are based on idea that content of inner-self reflects in visual images, while we are drawing or making a sculpture. After psychological analysis you start feeling balance.
Types of psychoanalytical art therapy:
- Narrow art therapy, when the patient literally draws
- Book therapy, when the patient reads and composes stories
- Game therapy
- Sand therapy
- Clay therapy
- Photo therapy
Recommendation for resorting to psychoanalytical art therapy:
- Troubles with emotional development: stress, depression, bad mood, unstable behavior, loneliness, interpersonal quarrels and difficulties with communication
- Relationship: dissatisfaction with your family/job relations, jealousy, fear, low self-esteem, arrogance, emptiness, lack of desires.
Goals of art therapy:
- to give socially appropriate way to solve the problem
- art therapy as a method of private process of psychoanalysis
- art therapy as a method of diagnosis
- reconsideration of inner conflicts, that are an obstacle on the client’s path
- development of art skills and sublimation of different types of psychological protection
In the UPU consultation centre there is an opportunity to finish either private or group-based course of art therapy